On Sunday April 11, 1954 a small group of determined Christians met to begin a mission in what we now refer to as the Corbett Home. It was an old rented building on Corbett Avenue. Later that same year a Vacation Bible School was conducted in a tent at the same location.
On October 3, 1954, the mission was organized into a church and the name of Grace Baptist Church was selected. Construction began on an education unit on Kincaid Avenue in 1958. Services were first held in the new facility in 1959. The sanctuary and an additional educational unit were completed in July, 1965.
Grace Baptist Church is a church with a vision, growing with our rapidly developing city. The program of the church is fully organized in keeping with the ministry needs of our community and the spiritual gifts of our members.
The membership of Grace Baptist Church is a body of believers, baptized after the pattern of the Lord Jesus Christ, voluntarily banded together to observe the ordinances of Christ, and to carry out the Great Commission as given by Christ in Matthew 28:19-20.
We believe in the Bible as our sufficient guide and rule in matters of faith and practice. We are united to study the Bible and to practice Christian service.
Our efforts are evangelistic, missionary and cooperative. We join hands and hearts with other believers through the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention.